Are you interested in working in Texas public policy? Do you share our vision to advance liberty in the Lone Star State?
The Empower Texans℠ team is expanding! See our available positions below:
Empower Texans is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Executive Aide. This role requires extensive travel with Empower Texans’ senior staff around Texas and, occasionally, the United States.
The position will be based in the Austin office of Empower Texans.
A successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, demonstrate a devotion to details, and be a lover of lists. A clean driving record is required. Only those individuals with the ability to obtain a Texas concealed carry permit or TSA pre-check will be favorably considered.
When not traveling, the position will involve light office duty, including working with senior staff to book speeches and other meetings.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Empower Texans;
- College degree, or honorable discharge from the United States armed forces;
- Completion of a professional skills inventory exam (as part of the interview process); and,
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (or Apple/Google equivalent)
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and Empower Texans offers generous employee benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Interested candidates must send a cover letter, resume, and references to Dustin Matocha at email@example.com.
Empower Texans℠ is looking for a self-motivated individual to fill the role of Field Correspondent. Duties include traveling across the Lone Star State representing the organization at meetings of liberty-minded groups as well as reporting on state and local events for the Texas Scorecard.
Applicants must believe in the principles of limited government, personal liberty, and an empowered grassroots.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate include:
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work odd hours and travel extensively
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Positive attitude and social skills
This is a full-time position that can based out of either the Austin or Metroplex office. Compensation would be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and list of references to Dustin Matocha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Texans℠ is seeking individuals with a desire to learn more about Texas politics to intern in our Austin office.
Responsibilities of Interns:
- Support senior staff in the day-to-day operations of Austin office
- Complete in-depth research projects
- Manage various data entry projects
- Help write and edit website materials
- Assist with social media outlets
- Available to work 12 – 20 hours/week around class schedule
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commitment to the organization’s missions
Interested parties should send a resume and their class schedule (if available) to Dustin Matocha at email@example.com.