Are you interested in working in Texas public policy? Do you share our vision to advance liberty in the Lone Star State?
The Empower Texans℠ team is expanding! See our available positions below:
Empower Texans℠ is seeking a qualified individual to fill the new position of Executive Aide. This role will require extensive travel with Empower Texans’ senior staff around Texas and, occasionally, the United States.
The position will be based in the Austin office of Empower Texans.
A successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, demonstrate a devotion to details, and be a lover of lists. A clean driving record is required. The ability to obtain a Texas concealed carry permit, or TSA pre-check, will be favorably considered.
The position will often entail several days on the road per week, late hours and early mornings.
When not traveling, the position will involve light office duty, including working with senior staff to book speeches and other meetings.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Empower Texans;
- College degree, or honorable discharge from the United States armed forces;
- Completion of a professional skills inventory exam (as part of the interview process); and,
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (or Apple/Google equivalent)
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and Empower Texans offers generous employee benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Interested candidates must send a cover letter, resume (or CV) and references to Dustin Matocha at PO Box 200248, Austin, TX 78720, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empower Texans℠ is seeking individuals with a desire to learn more about Texas politics to intern in our Austin office.
Responsibilities of Interns:
- Support senior staff in the day-to-day operations of Austin office
- Complete in-depth research projects
- Manage various data entry projects
- Help write and edit website materials
- Assist with social media outlets
- Available to work 12 – 20 hours/week around class schedule
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commitment to the organization’s missions
Interested parties should send a resume and their class schedule to Dustin Matocha, PO Box 200248, Austin, TX 78720 or email@example.com.